New Ipad 4 won't play youtube videos in HD resolutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Ipad 4 won't play youtube videos in HD resolutions

Anyone know how I rectify this? Got a really nice retina display and a bit peeved that stuff only displays in SD. I'm watching them through safari and the official app and videos I know which have a 1080p option don't have the option button available for me to change it. I've also got my personal options set to display in the highest resolution available and it still isn't working.

Don't use the app, it's really bad. The website is much better. If you want more options and to be able to force 1080 playback (as well as save videos to watch offline), jailbreak and download ProTube HD from Cydia.

Comment

I had this today. The YouTube app wouldn't work when safari was open???

Comment

The Official You Tube App on my iPad Mini was awful, I recommend deleting the App so when you click the link, it loads through the web page.

Comment

There is one plus of using the built in app for youtube, i noticed that you dont get any adverts at all on any of the videos. Either the ones where you have to click a pop up ad to close & the ones that force you to watch a full add before you can watch your vid. Not sure if the newer version has it too but the one that came on my ipad2 doesnt have any ads it's bliss

Weird to hear that you cant watch HD youtube, seems a waste of a retina screen if you can't get it to show them.

Comment

use the app 'jasmine' instead

Comment

I'd definitely recommend ProTube if you can get it. Not only does it do the stuff wakka mentioned, but it also lets you watch videos that are set to only play on computers, not mobile stuff.

I'm still on iOS 5 and my Youtube app on the iPhone plays HD stuff. Not sure if it's 720p or 1080p, though.

Comment

Working...
              X