Android tethering app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android tethering app

I'm without proper internet during an isp changoever. I've been using my phone tethered to my pc with "easytether". It works ok but can't do https and several other features because it not the paid version.

My phone doesn't have tethering built in so I'm stuck looking for apps. Is there any tethering app where the free version is fully funtional?

Thanks.

Which phone?

I can use mine as a wi-fi hotspot or "tether". Running CyanogenMod9.

Comment

it's a cheapo unlocked orange san francisco.

Comment

If it's unlocked then why not just install Cyanogen. there is bound to be a version available but it might be version 7.

Comment

Unlocked != rooted

Which Android version?

Comment

It looks like it's Android 2.1 but I can't be sure.

Although it is unlocked network wise, I did try to load an app that said it wasn't rooted which is odd. To be honest after looking into it, it seems way more complicated than I'm bothered with. I think I'll just use this crappy tethering app until my internet comes back on.

Comment

I thought all recentish Android phones had a tethering option in the firmware?

Go to Options / Wireless & Networks and isn't there something in there? is on my Note and was the same on my Desire.

Comment

The Desire S had tethering and I think that was android 2.
                Hit home / menu / setting / about / software (or something like that). Which version do you have?

Comment

Worth noting that "rooting" is giving you admin access to the phones OS, it being "unblocked" refers to the phones ability to use any server provider.

Comment

Nooo speedy, that's 'unlocked'. Unblocked refers to when a phone has been blocked (because it's been reported lost/stolen) and has then been (probably illegally) unblocked again and can access networks.

Comment

Sorry, mixed those up. lol

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                        The Desire S had tethering and I think that was android 2.
                        Hit home / menu / setting / about / software (or something like that). Which version do you have?
                        2.1 he said 2 posts above you big C. Tethering became standard from 2.3 I believe.

Comment

Sorry I wrote the wrong word, I meant ROOTED.

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                          Unlocked != rooted

Which Android version?

Comment

But some providers will remove it from their ROMs.

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                            2.1 he said 2 posts above you big C. Tethering became standard from 2.3 I believe.

Comment

Working...
                            X