No announcement yet.

Q DVD Player. Any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its perfect for the bedroom.. though it could never replace my arcam in the front room

Matt

Comment

Cheers for the info.
      Still not sure though.
      Any one now of a new version coming out? Think i read something on VideoGameImports site?

Comment

There was talk of a version with recording facilities. There hasn't been any news for quite a while, so maybe it was canned.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Horne
          Its perfect for the bedroom.. though it could never replace my arcam in the front room

Matt
          Flash c*nt

Comment

Originally posted by Pendragon
            Originally posted by spinpug666
            How did you get it to play PAL R2?
            I thought it was techically not possible due to the buffer not being big enought to cope with the extra lines of the Pal format
            You're correct in saying that the Q can not play Pal DVDs... out of the box, but it can be fitted with a extra memory chip.

http://www.shoyle.f9.co.uk/dvdchipsu...pgradesdiy.htm
            Anyone have the disc they talk about in this article? I live in the States so they won't rent it to me. I'd be willing to do a trade or outright buy it.

Comment

That article fails to mention disabling of RCE protection. Maybe a seperate mod needs to be done for that?

Comment

Never had any issues using RCE discs on my Q.. any inparticular and I'll double check?

Matt

Comment

Heres a list: http://www.dvdtalk.com/rce.html

Comment

Originally posted by Shou
                    Anyone have the disc they talk about in this article? I live in the States so they won't rent it to me. I'd be willing to do a trade or outright buy it.
                    I'll burn a copy off for you. PM me with a postal address and I'll let you know once I've posted it.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                    X