Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two, er no, Three Modded X-Box questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two, er no, Three Modded X-Box questions.

Here we go:

1. What kind of leads do you need to hook up said modded Box to your PC, and can files be transfered both ways?

2. Can a modded XB transfer a DVD movie to the HD in the same way a regular one can with audio?

3. Has anyone had any trouble playing Live with a modded console, assuming you turn off the switchy thing?

Thanks for your help;

-M-

1: You will need a cat 5 crossover cable and a network card in your PC

2: Pass

3: My modded xbox has no trouble with LIVE at all as long as the switch is turned off

Comment

For the PC to Xbox connection you can get a cable from Curry's or PC World. May not be the cheapest but easy to get (in my case anyway). I got a 3 metre RJ45 (is what they call them) Crossover Cable. Cost me ?9.99. Same sort of cable you use to link 2 Xboxes. I think GAME do the link cables for ?9.99 but I am not sure of the length.

Comment

2. You can use BoXplorer on the Xbox to copy a DVD to the Xbox's HD and then transfer that across to your PC but I don't think it can be done directly from the Xbox to PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman
          For the PC to Xbox connection you can get a cable from Curry's or PC World. May not be the cheapest but easy to get (in my case anyway). I got a 3 metre RJ45 (is what they call them) Crossover Cable. Cost me ?9.99. Same sort of cable you use to link 2 Xboxes.
          Hang on a minute - I have one of those cables to get my PS2 on-line ... does that mean I don't have to rush out and buy an official one for ?20 to have that Halo party I've been planing?

Comment

As long as it is a Crossover type then you are OK. (They also come a normal - patch? cable though).

I will be able to use mine to link 2 Xboxes if I can ever find 8 people for Halo.

Comment

Nothing special about the ethernet port on the back of the XBox at all, its just a nice standard 10/100Mbps RJ-45. Your PS2 one is exactly what you need.

Similiarly, if you've got a 4-port (or however many) router you could just plug all your XBoxes into that using standard (non-crossover) patch cable like I do.

Comment

2. VOB files can be transfered over and then played using xbox media player. Its not great but its the only way I`ve found

Comment

Working...
                X