Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good 42-46 set for around ?400

Looking to buy my father a TV for his 70th and looking for some suggestions

LCD/LED is fine - was looking at the samsung series 5 tvs in tesco?

any ideas?

Sorry, to derail, but I was unusually in Tesco at the weekend and found it really weird to see someone putting groceries into a trolley that already had a massive TV perched in it precariously, as if it was just a normal part of the weekly shop

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      Sorry, to derail, but I was unusually in Tesco at the weekend and found it really weird to see someone putting groceries into a trolley that already had a massive TV perched in it precariously, as if it was just a normal part of the weekly shop
      lol

yeah i've seen that too - changing times

Comment

This forum needs some sort of Lyris summoning button.

Comment

At that price LED LCD is better for everyday viewing (plasmas at that price are best kept for dark rooms).

From what I saw of the 2012 Samsung Series 5 displays (product codes UExxEH5000 etc) they're usually decent but there's some motion blur. I'd actually be more inclined to go for LG stuff at that price range. Black levels are lighter but everything else was very good.

I can't find much of a better suggestion at that price though. I can't imagine there'd be many complaints about Samsung Series 5 stuff.

Comment

thanks Lyris

will look at the LG's

Comment

This may be against some forum rule (delete if so!), but I actually have a 42" LG LED LCD (which I did testing and calibration on) which was barely used afterwards that I'm selling. The model number is 42LS570T. I can let it go for ?400, original price was about ?650. Not sure what shipping would be though.

It doesn't feature any kind of 200hz processing, but the panel is IPS (like basically all LG LCDs) so you get the aforementioned characteristics of decent but not class-leading black depth, but very clean (by LCD standards) motion and viewing angles. It's also one of the LGs that doesn't mangle the picture with forced noise reduction or similar (the high end ones last year did, but the mid-rangers just leave the picture alone).

Comment

ignore.

Comment

Calling lyris....

sorry to hijack/amend thread but looking at a new 32" tv.

this one gets good reviews at a good price

any thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by punio75 View Post
                    Calling lyris....

sorry to hijack/amend thread but looking at a new 32" tv.

this one gets good reviews at a good price

any thoughts.
                    He has told you already!

Comment

Working...
                    X