pc engine help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pc engine help needed

I just bought pc engine interface and white console and added a working cd rom 3 to the interface. Now when I plug in the step down power supply the green light comes on so far so good. The problem is this I put a system 3 card in the engine and s cd rom in the player attach the red yellow white cables to my tv and interface press play on CD rom and all I get is black screen and a Japanese lady speaking. I've set my tv to ntcs but still nothing but this voice. Any help please as this is going to be a present for my other half and I can't get it to work many thanks Kat

Are you sure the AV out on the interface is working? Have you tried playing a Hucard, or when you switch it on without loading a CD with your system card in, are you getting the PC-Engine CD splash screen? Is the TV you're connecting to definitely NTSC compatible through composite? (A lot aren't)

Comment

Ok not pc engine splash screen so how do I check av works sorry for this I'm a girl don't know a lot about it do I need to buy some sort of converter if av is ok and where could I buy it from. Many thanks Kat

Comment

What type of TV are you trying it on?

Comment

Its a sony lcd.i thought it would be ok if i ran it through the interface using the red white and yellow cabels but all i get is sound when i play cd it sounds like she is telling me something about the computer. I dont have any jap hu cards just cd roms an arcade pro card a system 3 card .all i can think is that the interface is not connecting to the engine or the engine is dead. Ive jyst ordered another engine so will find out tomorrow. Thanks for your time .kat

Comment

You might be getting the "wrong system card" screen. Have you tried cleaning the contacts on the cards?
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

That Japanese woman speaking saying cdrommer system cd rommer diskodek or whatever is one of the first tracks on CDRom games, it tells you something along the lines that the disc is designed for PC engine systems and could damage any other system you use it on. You can hear it if you put a PC Engine disc in a standard CD Player.

Basically the CDRom is picking the disc up as audio only hence why that track plays. But that wouldn't account for no picture.
              Last edited by Baseley09; 29-03-2013, 13:19.

Comment

ok i bought a new pc engine connected the red yellow white cable to my tv and now i get a picture but its all messed up whats my next step please guys do i need a convertor and where can i get on

Comment

Every card i try in the machine gives a mixed up picture it should work ok through av on the interface but its even the same when i run picture through my vcr

Comment

Working...
                  X