Crt colour issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crt colour issues

I picked up a 24 inch sony trinitron tv for my new game room that's being built. While the picture is very sharp, it seems to have an issue with whites and other light colours blooming. There are also some slight geometry issues in the top corners of the set. Is there anything i can do to get these issues fixed? The tv only cost a tenner, but i dont mind paying for a tune up as it's a lovely tv.

From my experience I'd say jump ship and let it die. Whilst I have no experience of fixing crt's I've had enough give up the ghost to know that a fix will only be a time limited one....unless the signal your feeding it is inadequate?

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
      I picked up a 24 inch sony trinitron tv for my new game room that's being built. While the picture is very sharp, it seems to have an issue with whites and other light colours blooming. There are also some slight geometry issues in the top corners of the set. Is there anything i can do to get these issues fixed? The tv only cost a tenner, but i dont mind paying for a tune up as it's a lovely tv.
      Sounds like the tube is going, or...you are using a faulty scart lead. Geometry can be fixed in the service menu. Colour issues can be tweaked extensively too in the service menu, but i have never touched them.
      Last edited by dvdx2; 17-05-2013, 20:12.

Comment

Those all sound like symptoms of having the contrast control set too high. Is it?

Comment

Working...
        X