Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap Android Tablet

Hi,

I'm looking for a cheapish android tablet. 7 or 10" not too fussed. But I would like it to be fairly powerful with a decentish screen. Something that can handle emulation and HD movies.

Has anyone got any recommendations?

Thanks

Don't think you can beat a nexus 7 but I'm hardly an authority on the subject.

Comment

Nexus 7 is pretty much the best you'll get without going up to the new Samsung Note 8" which is nearly twice the price.
      Obviously if you're willing to spend the extra the Nexus 10 is better.

Emulation on tablets without physical controls is generally a pain though.

Comment

I suggest the Acer Iconia A1, and unlike the Nexus you can upgrade the storage via SD cards. Many 3D games on the Play store require 1GB of RAM so don't skimp on that. If you want to pair a DS3 or 360 gamepad make sure your prospective tablet has Bluetooth as well. The upside is that you can get cheap games and emulated roms and HD playback for less than the cost of a 3DS or Vita (neither of which can compete in terms of web usage, ebook functionality, apps or video playback)

Tablets might be another fad like netbooks but they're pretty useful if you know how to make the best of them. Unfortunately most people use them as expensive toys to flaunt in public. (Eww iPads)
        Last edited by Pulstar; 19-05-2013, 18:20.

Comment

Get a nexus 7. Not a fan of android devices at all really, but its one of the better, quicker and more user friendly tablets I have used that's available at a cheapish price.

Comment

Excellent, I shall avoid all the ones on eBuyer at ?50 and look into a Iconia or a Nexus. Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X