Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NeoGeo X stick on PS3/PC

Hi folks,

So despite the fact that I spent most of early 2013 slating the NeoGeo X Gold at length, I'm now interested in buying one of the sticks. More fool me, eh?

I've heard they work on PS3 and PC, is that right? Are there any drawbacks other than the reduced number of buttons compared to the NG Stick 2 and 3?

Also, slightly odd one, but is there any way to use a USB stick on a Dreamcast? I'm guessing not.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by wakka; 20-05-2013, 11:54.

I imagine it's a standard HID, so yes it'll work on PC/PS3 by default.

No you can't use it to play on a Dreamcast. Look into an MC Cthulhu or a PS360+ for that kind of feature.

Comment

The reduced number of buttons is a good thing non?
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita
        Look into an MC Cthulhu or a PS360+ for that kind of feature.

Interesting...I'd consider modding it tbh, operability over a range of systems is a top priority for me. I'll google the MC Cthulhu, not heard of it.

Originally posted by J0e Musashi
        The reduced number of buttons is a good thing non?

Indeed it is, poor phrasing in my OP. I can't imagine those little 'bracket' buttons are good for much anyway. Just thought I would ask the question as you guys are far more knowledgable about sticks than me.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post

So despite the fact that I spent most of early 2013 slating the NeoGeo X Gold at length, I'm now interested in buying one of the sticks.

If I'm being honest though, I've been of that mindset for quite a while.

The sticks appear to be the only decent-ish thing about the NGX.

Comment

NG stick isn't that good.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post

If I'm being honest though, I've been of that mindset for quite a while.

The sticks appear to be the only decent-ish thing about the NGX.
              I was hoping you wouldn't see this thread :|

Still in 2 minds about scooping one of these. Think I might be better off with a PS2 stick for compatibility reasons.

Comment

Working...
              X