Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSP Extended Life Battery

Hi chaps,

Basically I have a PSP 3000 and I've read you can get a longer lasting battery. I think currently the battery life is around 4 hours.

There seems to be a ton of knock offs out there so I need a little guidance.

What am I after?

Where should I buy?

Is there any chance of this borking my PSP? - I keep reading peoples accounts of this occurring all over the show.

Thanks!

I put a PSP-1000 battery (which has about twice the battery life) into my PSP-3000 and bought an extended battery cover on ebay - works a treat! It does mean the battery cover clashes a bit on my red PSP, but it's worth the trade-off. Absolutely no issues.

Comment

The PSP-1000 battery has an extra 600mAh, but in real world terms this won't make a great deal of difference, as it's not as efficient as the later 1200mAh pack. What you really want to do is get the official 2200mAh unit, which will give you around 15 hours of playtime from a single charge. You also get an extended cover in the box, and it comes in a variety of colours. It's quite costly though.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I'd bought up a shedload of these when they were $20 on Amazon.ca and sold them on to peeps on the forum about a year ago. Cheapest I can see now is $70
        I'll have a poke around locally and see if there's anything but most places sold off their PSP stuffs at massive discounts already.

Comment

Cheers gents.

I'll have a look for the official 2200mAh and post back. I'm sure there's a bargain to be had somewhere.

Comment

I bet there's not.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Some nutter on here was selling one a while back with a JPN PSP3000

Comment

Nothing around here sadly.

Comment

Working...
                X