Wireless Xbox 360 pad on PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless Xbox 360 pad on PC

Hello humans, currently I use a wired 360 pad for certain titles on PC which is obviously fine and dandy though soon my set up may require sitting away from the vehicle. Does anyone have experience using the wireless adapter kit for PC, how well does it function and does the unit have to be in clear site of the pad?

Cheers

I've never used it myself, but it's worth pointing out that some games are actually incompatible with the wireless 360 controller despite having official compatibility with the wired controller. These games are the exception rather than the norm, of course.

Comment

I've got one and it works great, just as you'd expect really. Supports up to 4 pads with one adapter, and also works with the wireless headset. I've got mine behind the tv out of line of site with no problems - I assume it's just like on a 360.

I've read that you can't get the wireless adapter separately, if you do find any they'll be knock-offs (though they may work). You can get official ones if you get them bundled with a controller, mine was about ?25 from amazon.

I've had zero problems with them working in games (except games which dont support pads at all), but have heard about one or two that have issues.

Comment

That's cool thanks for the info, I dont think the incompatible games are anything to worry about.

Comment

I've got one also. I thought the bundle was good value as at the time I bought it I only had 1 360 controller. It works really well, I've never had any hassles with it. Windows being what it is these days you just plug it in and give it a few seconds to install a driver and it works perfectly. I actually use the 360 headset all the time with it too, it's the only mic I have for the computer.

Comment

Ditto the above. Ended up buying one in a package with a black MS pad, because you cannot find the adaptor on sale on their own anymore. Has worked flawlessly to date although I haven't owned it that long.

Comment

Wicked, will grab one cheers.

Comment

Working...
              X