X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FSW View Post
    He's going for the ?645 one. Sweet.

Last question: Win8 or Win7?

To my mind the obvious answer is Win7 because Win8 is a bit of a pain but long term Win8 isn't going to go away. Some day there will be a game that comes out that is Win8 only I imagine. Thoughts? price is the same for either OS.
    DX11.2 is win8.1 exclusive, which will be freely available for win8 users. Normally I would say jump a generation of Win OSes, but since you are getting a machine now, I would say go for Win8. Basically if you have Win7, stay on it and wait for win10/9, but if you need a new OS for a new system get Win8. Win7 real support is pretty much dead, we are only getting security patches and things to improve stability, Win8 on the other hand will receive support until the next revision is out.

Comment

I'd go with Windows 8 too. My PC came with W8 and I installed W7 as well for familiarities sake, but in the end I just got rid of W7 and stuck with W8. Boots up faster, didn't notice any performance difference when playing games, and if you don't like the metro interface you can ignore it anyway (the only time I see it is when I first turn on the PC and press the desktop tile).

Comment

Ok, I'm still not done here yet.

AMD FX 6300 Black edition paired with a GTX 660Ti (2GB)

vs

AMD PILEDRIVER FX 8350 Black Edition, 8 Core, 4.0GHz/4.2GHz, 16MB Cache paired with 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT640

vs

Intel Haswell i5 4670k 3.4GHz Quad Core paired with
        AMD 7790 1GB Graphics Card

Ignore upgrade potential. Which combo will give best general (online multiplayer by the sound of things) gaming performance do you think?

Comment

GT640 is laughable. I'd go for the 4670k/7790 for sure.

Comment

Hang on I wrote that wrong. That top one should have been a 4670k + 650Ti. So makes the decision a 650Ti vs a 7790. FOr battlefield shenanigans.

Comment

Nothing between those cards for BF3 at least, 30 - 35 on max

Comment

Working...
              X