Strange BT Homehub question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange BT Homehub question

Hi, I will cut this story short. My brother recently upgraded to infinity and gave me his old BT Homehub 2.0 wireless router as he no longer needed it. I researched flashing it to use on other ISPs as I had an old Netgear that although it worked wasn't 'n' and wasn't accessible with Win 8. I tinkered for a bit with the Homehub but couldn't make the hack work. Thinking it was how it was wired in I decided to cable it all in properly in case that was the issue. To my surprise it just started working.

I am on AOL. (I know I just love the retro sound of that), who I believe are now TalkTalk/Carphone Warehouse. So it shouldn't work I don't think. I know the hack didnt take as I couldn't even navigate to the USB storage on the homehub to start the procedure. I can however navigate to the settings of the homehub quite happily.

Why is it working? Will it continue working? Whats going on????

Surely it's just a router? If you enter your AOL login details I can't see why it wouldn't work if the network design is the same e.g. PPPoA

It's not trying to connect to BT. It's just trying to connect to the ADSL service on your phoneline.

Comment

No, as it is locked to BT. To unlock it you have to go through quite a laborious process. (http://www.psidoc.com/showthread.php...A-via-software.) However I should have stated I have changed no settings within the Router. All the settings are still for BT from my brothers.

I think that it has something to do with AOL not setting up my line correctly thinking back, As when I moved my line rental to them I got a letter with new settings for the router, but I never applied them as my internet never stopped working. If it aint broke....

Comment

Working...
      X