Neo geo CDZ overheating issue help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neo geo CDZ overheating issue help needed

Hi can anyone advise I have been playing on my CDZ for 3 hours, and suddenly got a disc error, and now it won't load any games, reading around, so I just need to,let I cool down, it sounds like its really struggling to read discs, so I've switched it off , it powers on fine, how long should I epect to need to leave it for a cool down, any help would be great

You can mod it by drilling holes in the back of the case. It's a decent mod that works well. CDZ cases are quite tight around the chipset, so it requires good ventilation. Jamie was selling one that has the mod that you could use for reference.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Thanks I've just stupidly opened it after reading some forums , and moved a little blue scre by the lens and it seems worse , where should it be I think I've mad it worse

Comment

You really didn't need to adjust the pot. How far did you turn it? That screw is HIGHLY sensitive. You could quite easily damage it beyond repair. If you happen to remember, then attempt to put it back. Don't try and boot it for now. I'll ask around and try to find you factory settings, so you can reset it.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Thanks joe great if you can, a little update even wasn't reading discs 2 hours ago, I left it off and it loaded up. Game, but got an error not long after, at least it loaded up, I'm hoping with a overnight cool down it will be ok in the morning, what do you think he chances are of it just being to hot to load games. Joe

Comment

It probably was just that before, but now you could have adjusted the laser too highly. It'll read discs, but burn out rapidly.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

What a stupid machine, although it loads quicker, in kind of wishing I'd stuck to a top loader, but the load time killed me, joe I'm pretty sure it's back where it was, but i don't know how' sensitive the pot is to be fair, I wish I hadn't opened it for sure, but its crazy you can't play for a few hours before it needs a cooldown

Comment

Update I've just played a game for 40 minutes and the loading sounds fine, so I'm hoping he pot is back where it was,

Comment

Is there any way you can take the case off completely and play it to see if it is ok? I've actually just bought one, more for collecting rather than playing as I already have a standard top loader.
                  Last edited by SUMIRE; 17-08-2013, 08:54.

Comment

You can take the case off completely yes, but I don't think you can get a disc to spin without the lid shut, think I will use the CDZ for games which have a lot of loading, I bought it to use , because the top loader is so slow, but I think I'm going to switch machines a bit more often after yesterday.

Comment

Ah ok, yes that might be a good idea. I think you can get the top loader pretty cheap depending on condition. I think the original top loader is fine for some games though, the low meg count ones.

Comment

Well it was working for 2 hours this morning, left it off, and now its back to not loading, I assume its time to,let it cool right down again.

Comment

I reckon , it's dead , it loaded this morning, but no,luck tonight, that the risk I suppose of buying an old machine, 200 quid down the pan it seems, I'm gutted but there's worse things in life.

Comment

Ah bummer, hmm, reading up a lot of people who claim to have this console say it is fine. It is hard to know what to think.

Comment

I know there are more important things in life, but I'm gutted, I paid for it 10 days ago from a Japan seller on e bay, and it worked fine for 6 days, he has responded that its an old machine and cannot guarentee it to be long time working , but I said surely it should last more than 5 days
                              anyone know a goor repair place as I might just do that.

Comment

Working...
                              X