Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best place for Japanese Nintendo eShop cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best place for Japanese Nintendo eShop cards?

As above. I've got a Japanese 3DS on the way, and I'll be wanting to D/L Monster Hunter 4 upon release. It'll be the only game I intend to play on the unit, so D/L will be best I think.
    Last edited by J0e Musashi; 19-08-2013, 12:59.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

I just use my credit card.

Comment

Can you use a debit card? UK Visa Debit specifically.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Yep. I just use my UK Barclaycard on it - as I do on my Japanese WiiU.
        There's no problems with it at all J0e.

Comment

Is it the same case with Wii U Japan and USA eshop purchases on a PAL machine does anyone know? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
            Is it the same case with Wii U Japan and USA eshop purchases on a PAL machine does anyone know? Thanks.
            What do you mean on a PAL machine?
            You can buy Japanese eShop purchases using a UK credit card on a Japanese Wii U if that's what you mean.

Comment

I'm talking about setting up another Nintendo ID on a PAL Wii U, setting the region to USA or Japan and then being able to buy from their eShops with a credit card, seems it worked end of 2012, don't know if that's still the case. Will have to check tonight.

ie like this Aussie bloke has done to access the European eShop, only dawned on me today to check if it was possible.

You will need to create a new NNID i.e a second user. If you don't when you try to access the eshop it will come up with an error code. I have two users on my Wii U mainly because sometimes Europe get VC releases that Australia doesn't get. I actually learned how to do this from the Trine 2 community on Miiverse as it still hasn't been released in Australia but Australian users were playing it.

Just remember that you have to change the country in settings then log out of your original user then you log in to your second user. Once you have changed the country it won't let you log in to your original user again until you have logged in to the second user and switched the country back to Australia.

Comment

It only worked for the Australian guy to access the UK shop because they're in the same region.
                You can't for instance access Japan from UK, or US from Japan etc.

What region are you in and what region do you want to access?

Comment

I see, PAL and PAL, I just wanted to access the US & JPN ones, not for any particular reason at present, just because I thought I could, should have known it wasn't that simple. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Working...
                  X