3DS or 3DS LL (XL)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3DS or 3DS LL (XL)?

I really can't decide what to get. Is the LL that much of an improvement over the original? I do kinda like the smaller size of the first units.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

The better build quality and battery life make it preferable to the original. It's less portable but that hasn't really been an issue for me.

Comment

I'm probably not going to take it out. There's a difference of ?30 between them.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

The original glossy design is tacky and the screens are tiny. If you're going to use it at home anyway, I don't see any reason why you'd buy the original other than novelty.

Comment

I've never even held an original one. Seems like LL is the way to go then. Now do I get another black one, or a white one?
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
            I really can't decide what to get. Is the LL that much of an improvement over the original? I do kinda like the smaller size of the first units.
            The LL/XL is far better than the original 3DS: not just the screen, but also the console shape makes it more comfortable to play. Weight, if held with one hand, is an issue that you get over very quickly. The original 3DS might have the same charm and the GBA Micro due to its small size, but it's that versus much better screens on the LL/XL.

Now do I get another black one, or a white one?
            I have a white Japanese unit and a blue US; I prefer the US overall, though when closed the blue/black combo on the US unit isn't particularly pleasing to the eye.
            Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 20-08-2013, 11:01.

Comment

White is right. (For Nintendo systems)

Comment

You can't beat the bigger screens with the XL, really makes such a difference, go with the original and think you'll regret it.
                ToysRUs normally have the two 3DS demo units out side by side, makes the originals screens seem miniscule.

Comment

I'm going with a black one. I'll have to write a big 1 and 2 on them with Tip-Ex so I know which is which now.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Yup XL is the way to go. I've had both and the 3d effect worked better for me on the larger screens. It's only 'too big' if you pair it with a circle pad pro. Then it's ridiculous.

Comment

No, this is ridiculous size wise, reminds me of the good old days with the TV Tuner adaptor for the Game Gear etc.

Comment

Well it's only to play MH4, so I'd imagine the CPP will be required. The reason I initially was thinking of getting the older one was so that it would be reasonably cheap. It's now gone from ?120ish to over ?200.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Why not just wait and get one of the nice Monster Hunter 4 limited edition LLs?
                          I have 4 3DSs at the moment - 3 XL/LLs and an original - and I'd heartily recommend getting an XL/LL over an original.
                          I use a red LL for day-to-day use. Beware, the black will be a fingerprint magnet.

Comment

I already have a black XL I've got a black HORI TPU on it, so it's pretty swish. I don't want a special edition, plus it works out at ?40 more expensive instead of just getting a black LL and the game separately. I'd consider white, but it'll look weird in the black CPP. Besides I've got another black HORI TPU, I can put on it straight out of the box.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Is that your new 3DS LL's friend code in your sig J0e?

Comment

Working...
                              X