Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have any experience with low end colour laser printers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have any experience with low end colour laser printers?

My inkjet has given up the ghost.
    I've found colour laser printers around the ?150 mark e.g. http://www.okidirect.co.uk/product/1...-Laser-Printer.
    I'm sure the black will be excellent, but is the colour on this sort of thing any good? How does it compare to inkjet? Interweb suggests inkjet will be better....
    And do they make any noise or hum on standby? I need it to be silent.
    Last edited by charlesr; 04-10-2013, 11:07.

I don't think they'll be able to match an inkjet on premium photo paper but for regular documents they are good.

Comment

I think it's good for big patches of single colour, but not, as stated, for anything with more detail.

If I wasn't a photographer I would get a laserjet myself. I've have a black and white one since 2004 and it's only used two toners! If I hadn't lost a piece of plastic in the machine it would still work perfectly, without all the "cleaning ink heads" business.

Comment

If the desk wasn't covered in carp, I'd just get both
        Thanks muchly. I'll get another inkjet.

Comment

If you are printing personal photos, you might want to consider getting a laserjet for most stuff and getting your photos printed online through photobox or similar – may actually be more cost effective. My Mum loves having prints and my Dad started using them because it saves soooo much time and ink (especially if blockages occur).

Comment

mono laser plus online printing of photos ftw!

Comment

Working...
            X