No announcement yet.

TV Time Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Samsung Apps work well for me. Netflix is great, has SuperHD support and can the PS3 do Plex? I don't need any other media device now
    This is on a mid-level 2013 Samsung 6 series.
    Last edited by smouty; 24-10-2013, 11:20.

Comment

my 6 series Sammy has smart stuff. It's slow and crap compared to ps3

Comment

Had a look at the PS3 apps yesterday. They've mostly improved in leaps and bounds since last time I updated. The ITV one is still terrible, while Demand 5 is surprisingly good - even uses remote properly. Main issue is consistency of controls, as my flatmate finds using the PS3 difficult.

However I suppose it's likely to be a small issue as I really can't stand the ads on some of these apps. I bet I'll never really use them.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
          my 6 series Sammy has smart stuff. It's slow and crap compared to ps3
          2013 series 6 (F6xxx) or earlier? I can't tell the difference between PC and TV tbh.

Comment

Your PC is the one with a keyboard and mouse.

Comment

Any more websites for tellys?

Comment

This one might help you choose:

Comment

Looks good?

Cashback from over 400 brands all on one platform. Shop with Rakuten & stack offers with discounts, voucher codes and cashback for great savings at top brands.

Comment

TVs are getting ridiculously cheap aren't they?

Pushing for 4K and the like is really affecting the prices of "Full HD" displays in a good way.

Comment

Had the TV a week now and really been loving it! Had been meaning to post a picture of my setup.

However, this evening I noticed a fault with the damn thing! Spontaneous crackling noise coming from the right hand side of the TV. Not sure how persistent it's going to be. Isn't related to what's being shown on screen as I have tried changing inputs and it continues unabashed.

This is a pain! I am quite confident this was the best set. I have googled around and seen the issue mentioned elsewhere: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN7wWpc2LoY

I suppose I'll just have to raise it with the shop (has a five year warranty, thankfully) and see what they suggest. Post on Youtube suggests this might be widespread fault – difficult to avoid.

Comment

Spoke to the shop and they said they'll take a look at it although they've not heard of it before, unsurprisingly. Said I'd take it in next week. I hate taking TVs in for repair ? I'm too dependent!
                        Last edited by egparadigm; 01-11-2013, 17:25.

Comment

Took the TV in today and to my surprise and delight they had identified the issue within the hour. Apparently it's a faulty sound/speaker module (or words to that effect). They have offered me a new, replacement set. Happy that I will have it back so swiftly! Couldn't bare the thought of using my flatemate's iMac again. Wouldn't be surprised if this one goes tits up, too, but at least they actually found the fault!

Comment

Good service then!

I've been looking around for a 1080 telly (mine is 1024x768 plasma monitor). The only 42" is a direct modern replacement for mine. Advantages are 1080, 3D120, 10ms lag instead of 40ms. Otherwise it's the same thing! Price is about half what I paid for mine (?800 Vs ?1500), but I think I'll hold off for a year. I reckon they will plummet soon. Explain all that to Lucy is going to be tough. She'll just say "let's go on holiday instead". She has a point.

Comment

Surely you can find a TV with better picture quality to make the upgrade more than worthwhile? Especially if you're buying an Xbone, for which you'll want 1080p anyway.

Plasma technology has moved on greatly in the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                                Good service then!

I've been looking around for a 1080 telly (mine is 1024x768 plasma monitor). The only 42" is a direct modern replacement for mine. Advantages are 1080, 3D120, 10ms lag instead of 40ms. Otherwise it's the same thing! Price is about half what I paid for mine (?800 Vs ?1500), but I think I'll hold off for a year. I reckon they will plummet soon. Explain all that to Lucy is going to be tough. She'll just say "let's go on holiday instead". She has a point.
                                A familiar story! Hard to sell pixels and response times to a spouse.

Comment

Working...
                                X