VGA to HDMI converter for Dreamcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VGA to HDMI converter for Dreamcast

Hi, I am trying to get my dreamcast to display on my main TV in glorious upscaled 1080p. I already have a Dreamcast VGA box and now need a suitable VGA to HDMI converter. Does anyone have any recommendations for one. There are a lot on eBay, its quite overwhelming.

I'd go for one with decent reviews on Amazon. If that helps sorry.

Comment

Must you use a converter? If you don't use the DC that often, you'd be best just plugging it straight into the vga port on the TV.

Comment

Unfortunately my TV doesn't have a VGA port. So I need to convert the signal. I know the Atlona is supposed to be good but I don't really want to splash out ?200 on one. I have found one on Amazon for just over ?20 that I may well take a punt on.

Comment

Atlona make hi-end products, and I'm quite happy with some of their equipment I have. That said, if the DC is the only thing you'll ever use with a VGA-HDMI transcoder, it's hardly worth the price, though I would prefer that over a no-name brand converter. Have you tried Lindy? They used to have pretty decent products.

Comment

I've got the cheaper USB powered one by Atlona. Quality is good but the major problem is that it outputs a widescreen image; which for Dreamcast is utterly useless.

Comment

Lindy is a good call actually.
              VGA & Audio To HDMI Converter Audio & Video Black, HDMI Audio Extractor, VGA to HDMI, Box Range, VGA / 2x RCA Female to HDMI A Female @ LINDY. The UKs leading HDMI Cable, USB Cable and FireWire Cable supplier. Also supplies connectors, switches and adapters, VGA Cables, DVI Cables, AV Cables and Network Cables.

Out of stock, but converts the vga and sound to HDMI, with output res matching input res (640x480 in your case).
              Reasonable price.
              I have one of their KVMs and it's pretty good.

Comment

So the Lindy doesnt upscale. But will convert natively. That looks the ticket. Thanks guys.

Comment

I haven't seen a TV with bad scaling in years, so lack of scaler shouldn't be a big deal.

Comment

Working...
                  X