Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker Cable recommendations

Hey all,

Been a while since I cared enough about speaker cable to actually buy any but I'm finally getting ready to buy the speakers for the new AV & wondered what speaker cable is recommended these days??

I last bought Cable Talk 3.1 when I had my seperates system back in 1994 but since then I've had basic crap that was under ?1 a metre so not sure what I should be looking at now

So what do you all use or what would you recommend.

I'm realistically going to need a run of about 20 metres to hack up to make my runs (2 x 2 metres / 1 x 1 metre / 1 x 4 metres / 1 x 6 metres) so that I have extra to cock it up a couple of times

Money wise I don't really want to go above ?50-?60 for the lot so I'm guessing most cables upto the ?3 mark would suffice but any ideas would be appreciated.

Ta

Neil

I've got fairly expensive stuff (it even has directional arrows on it lol) and pretty cheap stuff and there's literally no difference IMO. I don't even have the same stuff running to each speaker. It's quite liberating! That said, something a bit better than bell wire is probably sensible.

Comment

I've always brought wire from richer sounds, not mega expensive cable though as like fsw I can't tell the difference ha ha.
      I'm about to flog all my separates as I haven't got the space for it all now

Comment

Lol to be honest I've been much the same previously but when I'm spending good money on the speakers I want something a bit better than basic.

I have found this on the Bay which is what I'll probably go for to be honest...

Sad to hear you'll be selling up Stevie...anything interesting going?

Still want to get a full Separates system again...AV amp & 5.1's still aren't close to what I'd term acceptable for extended music use.

Neil

Comment

I use QED 79 strand..

Can't tell the difference between good or bad cable though.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post

Sad to hear you'll be selling up Stevie...anything interesting going?

Neil
            It's all a few years old now so probably not anything that special to be honest.
            Got a couple of amps, turntable, mini disc, CD player, tuner, speakers, cassette deck ha ha and a stand.
            Can always send you a list if there's anything you need?

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              I use QED 79 strand..

Can't tell the difference between good or bad cable though.
              Lol we are all tared with the same brush then.

Just been looking at the 79 Strand QED, not looking too shabby.
              Just out of interest is there a prefered banana plug or will anything suffice really??

Originally posted by stevie vip 99 View Post
              It's all a few years old now so probably not anything that special to be honest.
              Got a couple of amps, turntable, mini disc, CD player, tuner, speakers, cassette deck ha ha and a stand.
              Can always send you a list if there's anything you need?
              Anything I need??? SPACE!!! lol
              I'd dearly love a new seperates setup but at the moment it's just not practical, I will eventually be on the look out for something but it's definitely a while off yet.

Although I am always interested in peoples kit.

Ideally I'll aim for small footprint stuff when I do get round to it like Cyrus or Pro-Ject or even the new Rega Brio-R which looks lovely as it just means less space needed although I'm yet to see a small CD player outside of the Cyrus line up that would do as well.

Neil

Comment

Working...
              X