Recommend me a HDMI switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend me a HDMI switch

Can you guys recommend me a HDMI switch please?

I tried to get my 360, PS4 and xbox one all linked up via a pigtailed HDMI 3 in 1 switch and only the 360 works...
    I'm guessing the other two don't work cos of higher spec HDMI, right?

So, I'm after a different HDMI switch which will work on all the above consoles on my 27" Dell monitor which has only one measly HDMI.
    Ideally a non powered one...

It might as you say, or that the currect siwtch doesn't pass HDCP information, though i don't know if the XBO and the PS4 use HDCP while playing games...anyway, I don't think there are non-powered HDMI switches; you can go Atlona or Gefen, Lindy siwtches should come a bit cheaper and still do their work.

Comment

Doubt it's HDCP, it's probably just bad luck. The Xbox One only outputs RGB at the moment which is higher bandwidth. Don't know about the PS4.

This might work: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Duronic-HDS3...ds=hdmi+switch

Especially with a non powered switch, keep the cables as short as possible.

Comment

I tried the a different xbox one with a different HDMI cable and I still can't see it in the HDMI 3 in 1 switch. I can tell you soon if it will work on PS4 as I am trying in out in the next hour or so.

This was the one I bought... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-IN-1-OUT...item5af262652b

Comment

I bought this switcher after discovering my old Pioneer switcher didn't like 3d blu-ray stuff.
          This should cope with higher bandwidth HDMI signals just fine.

Comment

Right, I tried it on a different HDMI 3 in 1 and my previous one and I can confirm it works on my 360 and PS4 fine but not on Xbox One!

Why is this??

Comment

Originally posted by phillai View Post
              Why is this??
              Start by disabling all the CEC settings on the consoles. I'm not even sure your Dell is equipped to deal with CEC, so having it enabled on the consoles may be causing them to not the get responses they are asking for. Even if the Dell supports it, if you power up the console, then change the input on the switch, the initial CEC commands may get lost in the void anyways.

Comment

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm looking for a HDMI switch myself.

Is it better to get a splitter with the HDMI cable built in, such as this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-Port-Aut...-/161078763750
                or one with the HDMI cable separate, such as this. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HDMI-3-Inp...61078763750%26

I don't really want to have to spend a lot on a switch because I will eventually buy a new TV with more ports, this is just a stopgap solution. Quality should be the same regardless, I assume.

Comment

You can get HORI's one in Japan Jake. It's properly awesome, and licensed by SCEI.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Are they 3 quid like the ones above?

I'll look into them, though.

Comment

It's called the HORI HDMI Light Audio Selector. It switches HDMI and TOSLINK. Remote control, all-metal construction. I paid ?40 shipped for mine. It RRP'd at over ?200. It's no longer manufactured, but you should still be able to find one I reckon.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

That's the one I've got, splits out the hdmi audio to toslink/coax for my older amp and maintains HDCP handshake when you change inputs.

Works with 3D (got a Playstation 3d display) and they claim it'll be 4k compatible.

Comment

Working...
                        X