Asian 32X - Japanese MD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asian 32X - Japanese MD

I know 32Xs are region locked but does anyone know if an Asian model is compatible with a Japanese MD?

Cheers

You've answered your own question Bud. It's the same as running a UK 32X, you'll even get the same warning screen.
    Last edited by J0e Musashi; 16-12-2013, 06:29.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

The hardware itself isn't region locked as such, but both the MegaDrive and the 32X have to be operating at the same Hz rate. So if your Japanese MegaDrive is running at 60Hz, your 32X will also have be be running at 60Hz.

Beyond that, the games themselves obey the region of the MegaDrive console.

Comment

I was looking at using the 32X with an Everdrive, i just remember seeing somewhere that Asian 32x were okay with Japanese models. Shakey, do you know if Asian 32xs do run at 60hz?

Comment

My understanding is that most of them so, but some regions (such as Hong Kong) used 50Hz. So it depends where it came from. Confusingly, it's a bit of a mix.

Note that PAL-M is actually 60hz. Nothing is simple, eh?

Comment

would an american 32x be ok with a modded (50/60hz and language) uk machine?

Comment

Should be. I used the exact opposite - a 50/60Hz modded UK 32X with an American MegaDrive with no issues.

You will only be able to play games in 60Hz though unless you get the 32X modded.

Comment

Working...
              X