GAME eShop codes locked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GAME eShop codes locked?

I was in GAME today and and I bought two eShop codes that were branded as a 3DS virtual console download for Zelda on the NES.

I was under the impression that 3DS and Wii U eShop codes are interchangeable so the credit I was buying would give me just enough to download the NES Remix for the latter.

Neither code is recognised on my Wii U so I'm guessing that they are locked into buying only the 3DS version of Zelda. Would I be right in thinking this?

Not the smartest thing I've ever done but the only Wii U cards on display were for ?25 and I just don't need that amount of credit. I don't like using GAME but the eShop won't recognise my credit card so I took a leap to try to save some cash.

The Nintendo codes Game sell are for the specific titles. It helps Nintendo see which titles are actually selling.

Not like the Microsoft codes which are just for amounts of points.

Comment

Don't MS also do game specific ones? Sony do.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
        The Nintendo codes Game sell are for the specific titles. It helps Nintendo see which titles are actually selling.

Not like the Microsoft codes which are just for amounts of points.
        Thanks mate; I had the Microsoft codes in my head funnily enough so it's my mistake really.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
          Don't MS also do game specific ones? Sony do.
          The Microsoft ones were only ever for a denomination of points even if the card had, for example, CoD season pass on it.

Comment

There are also ?15 eShop cards available in GAME, Argos etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
              The Microsoft ones were only ever for a denomination of points even if the card had, for example, CoD season pass on it.
              Gotcha!

Comment

Working...
              X