Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My computer is completely dead, any data recovery services ? Than can help

My computer is completely dead, any data recovery services ? Than can help
    I want to try and get all my photos off and into a new computer . Is there a service about that can help me ?

Basically the motherboard died , and the computer was stuck in an endless re boot , I took it to my local repair shop and he cannot fix it or recover any data . Is there a professional service that may be able to help and extract data off the hard drive ?

Thanks

Boot using a Linux Live CD and grab the files that way?

Comment

Remove the hard drive from your computer and plug it into another computer to see if it is ok. If it is ok you could stick it in a USB caddy to allow you to use it as an external drive.

Comment

Might be screwed though if he's got permissions on it from windows 7 etc. Does it make a clicking sound when you give it power?

I'd attach it to another computer and check disk it. If that fails boot from a liveCD, mount the storage and try to repair it. Lots of options here: http://lifehacker.com/5984707/five-b...m-rescue-discs

I do know a lad in London who runs a data recovery service if you get really stuck.

Comment

Thank you for the help, yes it does make a clicky noise, I will check the site out.

I was on xp on this broken computer.

Comment

Ok the clicking might be bad - a stuck component maybe, or a failed controller board. have a butchers here:

Comment

I had the dreaded clicking on my last hd - its the arm that reads the drive is goosed and makes it very hard to recover.

There s pro recovery services but they cost a fortune.

Comment

Working...
              X