Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No more PS2 V9 modding until further notice - sorry guys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more PS2 V9 modding until further notice - sorry guys!

Hi All,

Well, due to continued concerns about the V9 consoles and modchips, I am no longer fitting any mods to these units until further notice. After a lot of uncertainty, it appears that some V9 units are failing due to a corrupted eeprom, not laser failure. This problem always seems to present itself after maybe a week or two of use, so anyone who has already bought a V9 premod or has had their V9 modded need not worry, but until there is a 100% reliable solution for these units, I am not willing to risk damaging any more consoles.

The other V9 mods may also be at risk from this problem - no one is reporting anything like the same failure rate as the Messiah 2 1.31, but I'm just not taking the chance. I will, of course, repair any V9 machine that I have worked on should it fail

My personal feeling is that the new DMS3 for V9 will be absolutely brilliant and have none of these issues, but as I said before, the DMS3 for V9 has only just come out - I'm waiting to see just how well it performs before I start accepting any more V9 PS2s for modding.

For your reference, all V9 machines can be identified by the Sony product code SCPH-5XXXX, where XXXX can be any digits. This is situated on the big sticker above the expansion port on the back of the machine. If your PS2 has this code, it is a V9 and not a machine I will work on until there is a tried and trusted V9 mod.

If you are in any doubt as to the suitability of your PS2 for modding, please have a look at this link:

If your machine has the screw as shown in the photo, and does NOT have an SCPH-5XXXX product code, then it's still absolutely fine for modding - no problems at all with the V8 or earlier consoles.

I hope that clarifies things - the whole problem has taken up so much of my time, so again I'm sorry for delays in replying to emails etc

Regards,

Will

What about if you want to order a premodded PS2 from yourself? Are they essentially stopped as well? I only ask because my brother's gf was gonna get one from you as a Xmas present to my brother. If so, I guess I will have to find out where else to go in time...
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Well, I'm waiting on feedback for the V9 DMS3 - if all is good, and none of these same problems occur, then I'll be stocking up on them hopefully in time to get premods done for Christmas. I'll make a post here as soon as I know any more about the DMS3.

Regards,

Will.

Comment

Working...
      X