Oblivion & skyrim mods question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oblivion & skyrim mods question

Ok pc gamers, there are a wealth of improvements & graphical mods for these games. From looking on youtube i can see how amazing they actually look on pc. Would love to play through again with them looking like that, hell when occulus rift turns up i plan on getting one so i can be inside the games fully.

I'm looking to build a powerful pc to finally get those 2 games running as best looking & playing as they can get. As they are 2 of my most favourite pc games. However it's confusing as hell what spec i would need to get them running as best as possible both in been able to cope with all the mods & not look like it's running at 10fps.

So what kind of spec & price am i looking at? Consoles im **** hot at, but pc stuff im pretty clueless.

The thing about Oblivion and Skyrim mods is that you can literally mod it to the point that it brings your PC down to a crawl. Your best bet would be to aim for a modern capable gaming machine I guess.

A budget would help too, there's no real set price required to do this stuff.

I found my i5 3570k + 6850 played Skyrim just fine, without the use of stupid high resolution texture mods and stuff like that. A system with a better CPU and GPU could be made for around ?500-600 without monitor/kb/mouse.

Comment

I'd say my budget is about ?800 max, no need for monitor as i have my pc hooked up to my plasma.

Something that could cope with the high res texture packs & still play without looking like ass when moving. I know the games have a standard spec to play on a pc but im not sure how the mods effect that as they take it way beyond what the makers intended it to, if your retexturing everything into a silly high res im assuming you need to be able to have a more powerful everything?
      Last edited by importaku; 22-01-2014, 15:25.

Comment

You would indeed. With a budget of ?800 though you shouldn't really have an issue I think.

That is, unless you do something silly like get an unlimited draw distance mod.
        Last edited by speedlolita; 22-01-2014, 15:26.

Comment

Been reading up on the mods, some of them are really amazing. Although the console versions are great they don't compare to the pc versions. Occulus rift was made for games like this, to be inside & be able to look around & see nothing but the game world, i fear i may never surface back into the real world again.

Time to start the long journey of researching what components to get for max pc performance for these games. Thanks for the pointers Speedy

Comment

my version of skyrim is so heavily modded now i have lost track of what is actually in the original game mostly graphics mods though some of the lighting mods make the game a bit to dark in caves.

Comment

Working...
            X