Sony Wega CRT 21"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony Wega CRT 21"

After much thinking and being fickle, I've decided I'm going to try a 21" crt in my room.
    Currently use a 14" Trinitron, its a beauty, but, it is quite small.

Been given a green light on this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2714070323...84.m1423.l2649 that has an option of delivery...

Please may I ask, will the image be on par with a Trinitron, or close? or am I better off just waiting for a 21" Trinitron?

I've seen some TV's listed as Wega Trinitrons, but, I am no expert on sony tvs, despite having owned a total of 7 Sony CRT's, all I can say is, the 14" I have and the 24" Trinitron I had (But far too big for my room) the picture on them two sets are absolutely stunning, RGB Image.

Wega and Trinitron are just marketing terms. That TV is a fairly late model 50Hz TV so likely won't have any de-interlacing. Good flat tube as well. Only mono audio though. Got to be worth a punt.
    If want a great 20" CRT for gaming a broadcast monitor is your best bet. Or if you want built in speakers a Loewe E3001 or 3001 chassis TV.

Comment

Just get a PVM and be done with it.

Consumer grade displays don't compare.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
        Wega and Trinitron are just marketing terms. That TV is a fairly late model 50Hz TV so likely won't have any de-interlacing. Good flat tube as well. Only mono audio though. Got to be worth a punt.
        If want a great 20" CRT for gaming a broadcast monitor is your best bet. Or if you want built in speakers a Loewe E3001 or 3001 chassis TV.
        He could use a scart switcher with audio in-out and a 2.1 stereo system to bypass the tvs mono speaker, to get stereo

Comment

I'm still looking for a 21" sony Trinitron 4:3 CRT. I haven't plumped for a Broadcast monitor as I have near enough double figures in RGB connections...I think I may just be easier to get the CRT. Should one turn up in Coventry.

I hear amazing things about Monitors, but, I had a 24" Sony Trinitron before dumping that for something smaller, and I just think it displayed the most glorious RGB picture ever, just like my 32" WS 28" WS and my current 14"..

Comment

Bigger sony sets can have wonky geometry...a good tweak in the service menu can make a big difference though. I too have a 14" trinitron, but its way too small for most stuff

Comment

I do have double figures for RGB connections plus two composite and one S-Video. A couple of scart switchers and a broadcast monitor is the way to go. I had a top of the line consumer grade CRT professionally calibrated and even that wasn't up to broadcast monitor standards.

Comment

I'd agree with the above I've got a HR Sony PVM and its quality on MD and Saturn is miles above anything else I've seen. It's only 14" though which is too small for me to play for any real length of time. A 21" monitor would be the dream I reckon.

Comment

I've just bought another broadcast monitor and including the shipping it only cost a smidgen over ?100. These things cost thousands when they were new.

Comment

Yup, they did.

Which did you get? I want a PVM-2030, it's perfect.

Comment

Where do you source these from?

Comment

eBay.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                          Yup, they did.

Which did you get? I want a PVM-2030, it's perfect.
                          Its a JVC BM-H2000PN. I can't seem to find service manual for it unfortunately. Looks like a good spec though.

I bought both broadcast monitors I own from eBay. Worth a wee look at equipment hire companies to see if they are selling off old stock as well.
                          Last edited by CMcK; 14-03-2014, 07:11.

Comment

Working...
                          X