Anyone backlight a Gameboy here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone backlight a Gameboy here

I am ****ing p***ed off trying to do one of these. Everytime i pull that ****ty foil off the back the screen is ballsed up afterwards. Vertical stripes on two and on an other and on my best attempt 2 horizontal lines.

I know i wont be happy till i get it perfect ( no dust, no lines, like it came out of a factory).

Its like some kind of DMG graveyard on my desk atm.

I see them on ebay for sale everywhere but this should be simple com[ared to what ive done in the past.

Ive got two more GB's one is a minter im not touching and another has half the foil till it started splitting tearing etc.

Any tips from people who have successfully done this

Is it only lines of vertical stripes?

As I recall there are two types of DMG too, one has the film that is easy to remove and the other is not so easy.

I can't say I've had any issue installing one of those kits before though.

I simply started with a razer blade and parted off the part you speak of using that.

Comment

This one im on now has got some residue from the foil on it which i s a bugger to shift. None have been easy to remove (the second one literally crumbling to pieces.

I have fixed the vertical lines before with the heat on the contact strip method. Also i find that the backilights i have (off nofinite) dont seem to fit flush in the little white housing, about a mm high.

Comment

Yeah, I found that it was bulging ever so slightly. With that in mind they'll never be "factory" but you can get them pretty close.

Comment

well i've just got it all in and this time it looks pretty good all apart from the little bulge pressing on the lcd a touch in the corner.

Now the arse in me says to tackle it again, but the brain says, it could mean goodbye to another gameboy. Its like ive got ocd or something.

bum

Comment

I know exactly how you feel. It might be best to just leave it now though.

Those solutions will never be as you genuinely want them but they're close enough.

Comment

I remember doing this mod ages ago. It took a literal age in order to get the mod "just right" and even then I wasn't anywhere near happy with it once it was complete.

This site may help you out:

Comment

well the bulge is beginning to affect the lens so much that its beginning to push away form the body.

bloody thing is going to have to come off

Comment

Working...
                X