Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mixing microphone and composite audio input for Skype - possibly using JACK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mixing microphone and composite audio input for Skype - possibly using JACK?

Hi all,

Looking for a bit of help with this small issue. I've been using Skype to livestream some vidya gaming recently, and it seems the one thing Skype is missing is a dual audio input. I can either have Skype take the microphone input, so I can speak over the game, or take the composite audio input, so the game's audio is heard perfectly and consistently, but obviously me not at all.

I did a bit of googling and it seems I need some software that mixes the two audio inputs internally and outputs one audio channel that Skype can pick up. One such piece of software is JACK, though it's designed for use with Mac rather than Windows and the installation on Windows doesn't make a great deal of sense to me (I think it said it involves coding it in to something else but I have no experience of coding so that doesn't help me much).

Does anyone know how I could go about achieving this? Any and all help much appreciated

Dan
Working...
X