Bypassing Ultraviolet regions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bypassing Ultraviolet regions?

I have a bunch of Ultraviolet codes from various regions and haven't been able to use them. But I was reading online that all you have to do is redeem them when using a proxy IP so that it shows up as a US address. And a UK Youtube video shows this working with a particular piece of software so I gave it a go and sure enough my IP address registers everywhere as a US location... except the UV code still tells me I'm in the wrong region. I'm not logged into any account when doing this and have cleared all cookies so that it's not just getting old data but still no luck.

Anyone know what I might be doing wrong or if there is an easy workaround here?

In case anyone else is ever looking for a solution here, I couldn't find a way to do it using Firefox region changers - other sites registered me as a US IP but somehow the UV/Flixster sites saw through it. But I found a Chrome addon called Hola Better Internet which did a similar job and it actually worked. I shudder to think what kind of spyware these sorts of programmes carry but anyway, it worked.

So I could register the UV codes from both US and UK (I'm in Ireland) and they added to my Flixster account no problem - once you can manage to redeem the codes, seems you can add them to an account from any region.

BUT... they won't stream for me from my iPad. I get a message about a region restriction. As far as I can figure out (but I haven't done a lot of testing), this is not about IP address but is actually just based on the country you originally set up the account from. And I can't see a way of changing that. So if you have UV movies from different regions, you will have problems streaming some of them. It will, however, allow you to download any of them and watch them when you like. So not ideal because it means you can't watch on a whim and it will eat up your space but it's something at least.

Comment

Good info - might need it soon.

Comment

I got a US code for How to Train your dragon 2. It's don on foxredeem.com and then you choose which service to redeem it on. I chose google play. But when it reached google, it said the code is not redeemable in my country. I changed the address in my google wallet and removed my credit card. And I'm using a VPN, so I'm in Utah. It still gives the same message. Any ideas? Bit of a pain, otherwise I would have just bought the UK version without the code....

Comment

Scratch that, I found a site that mentioned redeeming it in an incognito window. This worked. Must have been google remembering my browser via cookie or something.

Comment

Working...
          X