Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this N64 seal genuine or a reseal ?

Pretty sure this is a reseal.

Still, the game looks absolutely mint with no stress marks on the flaps or other signs of use or wear under the foil.

Maybe Midway just had ****ty seals?...

No way to know, that is just a generic shrink wrap, anybody could have put that on since.

Comment

You're probably right. I bought the game on a local flea market last week together with a few big box PC games. The lady said the PC games were the remaining stock of a PC shop her husband used to have. Most of the PC big box games were shrink wrapped too, which to my knowledge was not standard practice back then. So that one N64 game's probably a shop reseal just like those big boxes. Still, for €1 I would've taken it anyway...

Also, thanks for the reply EvilBoris... ^^

Comment

I think you'd be suprised, the Game store I worked in one Christmas back in 2002 had a shrink wrapper, I think it was how they packaged loose accessories, but certain cardboard products looked immediately more presentable and meant stickers could be attached when shrinkwrapped.

At a retro fair a few weeks back and there was a particular company based I Yorkshire where they had shrink wrapped everything as it does reduce the chance of further edge damage.

Comment

Working...
        X