which Xbox 360 wireless adapter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which Xbox 360 wireless adapter?

I have an older 360, before the slim model and I'm looking to move it to another room so looks like I'll need the wireless adapter. Which one should I use? The original one or the newer black version? I don't really understand what the difference is between them.
    I have a sky router (sagem model) and I'm only gonna be a couple of rooms away. Don't know if that makes any difference?

Also if anyone has one I'm looking to buy

Thanks, Steve

The older of the adaptors is just Wireless-G, the other one is Wireless-G and Wireless-N.

G and N are networking standards. N is newer and superior, but you need to have a Wireless-N router to get the best out of it.

I would guess that if this is all new to you, then you'd probably be fine with the older one, as N routers are more expensive so if you had one, you'd probably know.

Either way, I had the older model adapter and had no issue with connections, but my 360 was less than 10 feet from my router; if you have a longer distance or many neighbours with wireless, it could make a difference.

Comment

Ok thanks for the reply.
      Older version seems a bit cheaper so might look for one. Was hoping someone on here had one.
      Thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X