Making DVD menus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making DVD menus?

Have all my stuff compressed now (THANK YOU MGEAR!) just looking to make a few dvd menus for the tv series?

How do I go about this?

Best method etc...

No worries!

Personally use Plex Media Server to stream all my media about the house. However I'm not sure if this is what you mean?

XBMC can run standalone on PC or various other devices (ATV2, Rasperry Pi etc.) and includes a front-end for organising content along with automatically adding meta data etc. Both packages require files to be names in a certain way but are awesome.

Comment

I use Meta-X to add tags to videos.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        I use Meta-X to add tags to videos.
        Quick note to say thank you for the recommendation as I've bought this following an issue with a BluRay TV box set. Basically PLEX wouldn't use correct Game of Thrones episode names for each of the episodes in the same way it did for the DVD TV Box sets we have. Tried MetaX and it's solved the issue and at $10 was a very reasonable price for the full version.

The UI is awful though like something from a DVD software from Windows '95 era and it's not intelligent enough to find individual episode details based on the pretty standard 'S01E01' file naming convention. But I'll guess I'll just have to live with these annoyances.

Comment

Cool, and yes, completely hopeless UI. But it actually works once you figure out what to press

Comment

If I download XBMC, installed it on my lappy, then plug in my external ssd (which has all my films/tv shows on) will it simply pick them all up through XMBC and display them through the software?

Comment

Yes, although there's a little bit of set-up involved.

You have to point XBMC to the local path of the external drive and files and folders of TV/Movies have to be in the correct naming convention otherwise the scrapers won't pull down the meta-data. I found the scrapers took a couple of attempts to set-up but once set-up correctly found everything in my collection at the time.

Comment

Working...
              X