Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good monitor for tate shooters - rotate/swivel screen (xbox360/dreamcast)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good monitor for tate shooters - rotate/swivel screen (xbox360/dreamcast)

Working on a new project to get my Japanese 360/dreamcast hooked up to a decent monitor that allows the screen to rotate

First time dabbling in this and was wondering if anyone uses a set up like this. Was looking at a dell 1909w with dvi (for the xbox) and vga for the dc. Need to get suitable resolutions/good response times etc.

Cheers

Dell Ultrasharp 2007FP.

Get a 4:3 display for shmups, such as the above. Lovely monitor all round too.

Comment

Get a decent arm as well. I don't remember if it was with a Dell or a Samsung monitor but the screen won't rotate to the correct angle for a shooter...it was just one game (I don't recall which or on what console) and essentially every X360 game offers 90 CW or CCW rotation, but better safe than sorry. I use a Ergotron mount for two monitors and it's excellent.

Comment

Thanks guys

Do you use hdmi/dvi or vga for the xbox360?

Comment

Shouldn't matter with an official VGA cable. VGA for 31kHz CRT obviously though.

Comment

This was about 5 years back but I remember using one Dell that tated the 'wrong way' - I remember trying to play Ikaruga in reverse scroll / backwards stick mode, not fun.

More recently I did have a 20" 4:3 NEC monitor that did a good job for these sorts of things. I used VGA which was just fine, the big thing to remember there being how you're going to get audio out.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              Dell Ultrasharp 2007FP.

Get a 4:3 display for shmups, such as the above. Lovely monitor all round too.
              Have you tried a dreamcast on it? Curious to see what it looks like. Does it rotate the correct way for shooters

Cheers

Comment

Working...
              X