2 way SCART output?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 way SCART output?

So I'm setting up my man cave and wondered if there was a way to split scart output to 2 screens

so I could do:

Retro consoles -> SCART box -> PVM/XRGB Framemeister

generally speaking I would only play retro games on my PVM but if I wanted to capture footage or play on a bigger screen that would make life easier...

Thanks!

Not vouching for the quality, but a female to female scart adaptor then this lead

Comment

Awesome!! Thanks!

what's the need for the female to female scart adapter for?

The scart switcher box has the consoles plugged in already then you'd just use that cable from the scart switcher output to PVM/XRGB no?

Thanks again!

Comment

Be careful when splitting analogue connections like Scart, though. There's a chance that there might be noticeable quality loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Lucifer View Post
          Awesome!! Thanks!

what's the need for the female to female scart adapter for?

The scart switcher box has the consoles plugged in already then you'd just use that cable from the scart switcher output to PVM/XRGB no?

Thanks again!
          In that case just the lead then, bargain.

Comment

Originally posted by sj33 View Post
            Be careful when splitting analogue connections like Scart, though. There's a chance that there might be noticeable quality loss.
            This is exactly why I just have a CRT on a table and swap out consoles as desired, despite having a hefty SCART switch.

Guess it depends on your gaming habits though.

Comment

Fair enough lads. It's worth a shot and if it's different then I'll go back. Think it's worth a shot for convenience...

Comment

Be interested to know how you get on with this if you go for the cable route. Last time I looked into it could only find pretty expensive powered boxes that boosted the signal due to it being analogue.

Edit: Ninja'ed by sj33, that's what I get for not refreshing the screen before posting.

Comment

Just a quick update the cable is actually really high quality and nothing looks degraded to my eyes. Absolutely wonderful!!

Thanks

Comment

Excellent, that arrived quick, Amazon do have a good range of sellers knocking out good quality unbranded cables, as ever go by the buyer reviews and you're normally pretty safe.

Comment

What type of displays are/were we dealing with here: TVs?

I ask because there was/is a possible cheap alternative solution. (RGB) SCART can be daisy chained and I know that works with broadcast TV but I've not tried it with an external (RGB) SCART or other connection input source. Worth trying though.

(RGB) SCART is bi-directional connection system so if the 'master' TV has a second (RGB) SCART socket with an output facility (maybe marked by arrows <--> or check the TV's instruction manual) simply plug another SCART cable from that into the second TV's (RGB) SCART socket you'll get the same picture on both.

Comment

Cool thanks for that, tbh all I'm really doing is gaming via my PVM and and then using the second out to my XRGB to Elgato game capture HD to record game footage.

Personally as much as the XRGB is nice, it's not a CRT monitor replacement imo, but a convenient way to record game footage via RGB.

Comment

Working...
                        X