Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the white Vita models available in the UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the white Vita models available in the UK?

I've been thinking of getting a Vita for a while (as most people will know), but I've been determined not to make the same error I made with the 3DSXL, and buy one in a particular colour just because it's available and always have a unit in a colour I don't want (I have the Silver/Black 3DSXL, which I honestly think looks awful, and wish I'd waited for the fully white one or a yet-to-be-released fully black one).

I really like this model, white/lime green:

PS Vita PlayStation Vita New Slim Model - PCH-2000 (Lime Green White)Recently announced at Sony Japan's Pre TGS conference, the PlayStation Vita PCH-2000 is the newest iteration of Sony's flagship handheld. When compared with the original PS Vita, the physical differences are immediately obvious, as the PCH-2000 model is 20 percent thinner, 15 percent lighter and comes in multiple colours. The OLED screen has now been replaced with a 5 inch LCD display - Sony confidently stated that this new screen will still deliver the beautiful graphics found native to the system. The original dedicated power/transfer cable has now been ...

... but I'm starting to think that hasn't seen a UK release. Given the situation with the Vita, it seems likely it never will (seriously, this different colours in different countries thing these days pisses me off).

Is there any reason not to buy an import Wifi Vita? Was it like the PSP, in terms or region locking (i.e. pretty minimal)?

Import Vita is functionally the same as an import PSP.

Also a fully black 3DS XL was released in Europe. Perhaps here too? I forget. Costs more though.

Comment

I have a white NA Vita that I have set up with my Japanese PSN account; I have a friend over in Japan who bought his wife a lime green Vita 2000 and changed it over to NA for her to play FFX/X2 in English.

Remember you can't use differing regions from the PSN account attached to the Vita at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
        Remember you can't use differing regions from the PSN account attached to the Vita at that time.
        Can you clarify this a bit? Does that essentially mean you need a memory card for each region?

Won't matter too much to me; most of my PSN stuff is on EU region anyway.

Comment

1. You can only have one region of PSN account on the Vita at any one time, and only the PSN games from that region.
          2 You CAN (and I just tested this as I wasn't entirely sure and about to make an idiot of myself telling you the opposite) play other Vita carts from other regions. Obviously DLC will not be available.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
            1. You can only have one region of PSN account on the Vita at any one time, and only the PSN games from that region.
            I assume you can "switch" regions, somehow, though?

Comment

Yes, by changing the PSN account on the Vita, thus changing the region of store accessible.

Comment

Changing store region on Vita is a faff. It's region free for physical game cards though.

To change PSN region you must have a memory card for each region's account. You need to do this: (example process)

- Switch Vita off
                - Remove memory card with UK account
                - Switch Vita on
                - Go to Settings
                - Do a factory restore and deactivate account from PSN when prompted (you are given the choice to deactivate or not, say yes)
                - Vita will restart
                - Turn off
                - Put in JPN memory card
                - Turn back on

And you're done. Now just do it all again to change back to UK!

I used to do this fairly frequently but I just cannot be bothered now and forgo J-PSN stuff. I play import games physically on my UK card.

When you do this you will lose your 'Near' data (kind of like StreetPass for Vita, but rubbish), and the placement of all your icons will jumble. Any other visual customisations, backgrounds etc will disappear too. You will also lose all your Trophies. If you care about Trophies, sync them with PSN via the Trophies app before you do the factory restore (and remember to do it every time you switch cards).

Comment

Working...
                X