Do i need an XRGB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do i need an XRGB?

after receiving a swanky monitor from Colin which has a DVI and VGA input, i am awaiting the arrival of an OUYA which will fill the DVI slot, i have an X-BOX, SFC and Mega Drive sitting currently connected to my CRT TV.

i am looking to possibly get them connected to the monitor as well, not really wanting to spend a fortune, is there any other way to get them connected up, or is it an X_RGB or similar the only way to go?

tried connecting my xbox, via a hi def box which has component, with a component to VGA lead but no joy.
    probably due to the fact that i cant select the 420/720p 1080i option in the XBMC settings, can see it when attached to my TV but cant select them.

Bit hazy on xbox stuff these days, but do you need the enigmah video switcher disc to fix that?

Comment

To give you an idea, this was my PC-Engine running on that very monitor through an XRGB-2.

Comment

charles, i remember now, it needs to be ntsc, but i cant see that option in the xbmc menu's,

Comment

If you don't see 480p/720p options then it's PAL. You need the video switcher disc (for which the xbox has to be softmodded).

PM me if you need help.

Comment

Charles,

cheers for the email, burned a few frisbee's by the looks of it, cd is not recognised by the x-box, tried the iso, and just a data disc (plays all the games fine) will get a few dvd's and try that, failing that i'll try a network cable and plug it into my laptop see if i can transfer the files that way...

Comment

got the image onto a DVD, and seemed to work, well the screen came up with a for pal, b for ntsc, pressed b, and sat waiting, nothing so rebooted and still no HD options, still grey'd out?

Comment

Working...
              X