Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making Youtube videos!

Hi All,

My son has an ambition to become a youtuber and rather than tell him he has little or no chance of making it I plan on being the supportive parent by getting him some equipment so he can mess about making some videos

So my question to you guys is what sort of equipment would he need to be able to take videos of his xbox one put them on to the pc to edit and then upload to youtube.

Any help would be appreciated as he wants this for christmas

thanks in advance!!

well i plan to really make a go but i am only recording pc stuff (using fraps)

But i plan to get a elgato 60 for recording console stuff http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elgato-Captu...ds=elgato+hd60

For editing i use sony vegas pro early version but that may be a bit expensive for a newer version

Comment

Decent shielded mic too so you just hear the voice, not the breath.

edit: Here you go:

Comment

Awesome. So that elgato thing just connects to the xbox and records to where?

Thanks for this. Very useful information

Comment

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post
          Awesome. So that elgato thing just connects to the xbox and records to where?

Thanks for this. Very useful information
          Hooks up to the pc and saves to hardrive so console and pc will need to be pretty close

Comment

One piece of advice which is particularly important

Firstly, get a shielded mic (as stated above), then, if he wants to actually get subscribers, make sure he tapes his own voice and listens to it; if he doesn't like what he hears (after all, most people don't) then encourage him to work on his diction as he starts.

Don't get me wrong, not everyone has to be as relaxing to listen to as Morgan Freeman but everyone can learn to speak a little more clearly when doing this kind of thing.

This isn't about accent, or anything like that - it's to do with consistent volume and pacing.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              One piece of advice which is particularly important

Don't get me wrong, not everyone has to be as relaxing to listen to as Morgan Freeman but everyone can learn to speak a little more clearly when doing this kind of thing.

This isn't about accent, or anything like that - it's to do with consistent volume and pacing.
              Or as i learned when i was editing my videos the constant "erm" or other noises which i had to edit out

Comment

Great. thanks all for the information!

Comment

A friend of mine does anime review, has 12k subs or so. He has a script written to bypass any potential umms. I guess it is also a good way to formulate all his thoughts too.

Comment

Decentish write up here RR covering everything from the real basics.

Comment

Working...
                    X