Xbox One not behaving when booting via instant-on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox One not behaving when booting via instant-on

Up till now I've been using energy save (full power off) mode on the XboxOne.

I decided to give the intant on mode another try. Now, about 1 in every 4 times I turn the machine on (and seems to be getting worse - it happened twice in a row today), after the dash appears, it does not respond to any inputs, either from my logitech remote or from the xbox controllers, or from kinect voice control. All appears as normal on the dash though, showing my recent apps etc.

The only way to fix is to hold down the power button on the console to do a hard-off and reboot.

Some more info on the issue - when the XboxOne powers up but fails to respond to commands, the Xbox logo on the console is only half as bright as normal and the logo on the Kinect flashes on and off (and when it's on, it's also dim like the one on the console). Every now and then it briefly says "Kinect is unplugged".... Unplugging the kinect and putting it back in does not help. But when I do a hard reboot without touching the kinect, it works fine, so it's not a problem with the cable.

I tried the "what to do if kinect says it's unplugged" guidance on the xbox site (which was unplug kinect, unplug power supply, plug in power supply, boot and go to kinect in settings to check it's working). This made no difference.

It never has any issues when doing a boot in energy save mode. Only in instant on mode.

Any ideas?

I've had the same problems. It barely ever responds to "xbox on" anymore. I've had the pad turn on but not the console. Had the graphics go mad and crash on the splash screen. Had it not respond to any input when freshly booted having to turn off at the mains. Shoddy.

This is under instant on mode.
    Last edited by Baseley09; 10-12-2014, 09:33.

Comment

On an xbox console, well I never. Not meant smarmy. Light hearted.

Comment

Working...
      X