Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EMS SPEEDPOST from TOKYO

Hi,

just a a quick one I have had something sent via EMS , but the status hasn't changec in the tracking since Monday, it's says its left Tokyo, but no sign of it here yet in the UK.

How long do EMS normally take as I haven't used it for years. Is is usual for no update on the tracking since 30th March.

thanks

3 days to the uk, maybe 4 or 5?

Comment

I get things arrive on average in about 3 days. 2 if I'm lucky.

Comment

Usually 3-5 working days; when the packages is marked as "Dispatch from outward office of exchange" it takes from 1 to 3 days to arrive in the destination country, depending on how busy flights are; that status means that the package has been processed by the customs and is waiting to board an aircraft, not that's onboard. Packages from Osaka take less time to arrive, probably because the airport isn't as busy as Narita.

[edit] you might want to switch to UK tracking after a few days the package has been dispatched, local tracking usually updates faster and has more detail than Japanese tracking.
        Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 02-04-2015, 20:31.

Comment

Thanks, it's been updated , awaiting customs clearance, guessing that could take a while as it's now a bank holiday.

Comment

If it's in customs then there's a 99% chance you'll be charged and they'll take their sweet ass time about it too! UK customs are terrible.

Comment

I'm expecting to be charged and as it's parcelforce it could take ages, not good, it just says awaiting customs clearance so does that mean I will get charged for sure do we know.

how do fed ex get things through the same day, but it's just sat there.

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
                I'm expecting to be charged and as it's parcelforce it could take ages, not good, it just says awaiting customs clearance so does that mean I will get charged for sure do we know.

Parcelfarce yep that will have a charge plus their lovely ?13.50 on top for their "trouble"

Comment

Great with this in customs, I think it would have arrived quickly not using EMS, the whole point was to hopefully get it this week

i reckon I will be lucky to get it this time next week with the bank holiday.

Comment

Fedex, DHL, UPS, and the likes submit customs papers when the package is at the sender's country barrier and pay the due amount of taxes for you (if any) in advance. It's fast, but you are sure to pay customs charges. Standard airmail, and EMS, on the other hand, get inspected once they reach the receiving country's borders; if all papers are in order (and the declared value isn't suspicious, like ?10 for a console) they get past the border as soon as processed, and if the declared value is above your country's import tax, you'll pay charges. If there's something out of order (suspicius declared value, no or incomplete papers), then it will take a long time, and that depends how picky the officier is.

Comment

What concerns me is that the site I orderd from advertise customs friendly invoices, but surely no one in customs would even know what a XRGB freimaster even is would they,which is what is inside the package, I hope they didn't mark it at something really beyond belief.

Comment

It's unusual that officers will look into the package if all papers are in order and the value doesn't look completely unrelated from the package (volume and weight). The FM is quite small and light, I doubt it will get a double look. That means you could still pay customs fees, depending on the declared value and the UK's customs-free limit.

Comment

Would you suppose that bring a bank holiday the package won't move from customs until Tuesday anyway, no movement on it today,

Comment

I suppose.

Comment

What concerns me is that the site I orderd from advertise customs friendly invoices, but surely no one in customs would even know what a XRGB freimaster even is would they,which is what is inside the package, I hope they didn't mark it at something really beyond belief.
                              Oh it's a Framemeister? You should have bought one from me. You wouldn't be getting stung by import tax then. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                              X