Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need a new TV to get the most out of my PS4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I need a new TV to get the most out of my PS4?

Hello,

I have a Panasonic 37X10, an entry level 37" plasma screen which has a res of 720p (HD Ready). This has served me well across 2 generations as no games have offered true 1080p gaming but with the immanent purchase of a PS4 I am wondering if it is time to upgrade? (if upgrade is the word).I would go up to 42".

What do you reckon?

Televisions are making the transition to UHD and HDR so it's maybe not a good time to buy a new set if you intend to keep it for a while. If you do fancy an inexpensive 1080p set this year I could highly recommend the Sony W605. Just a few tweaks with the remote and you have a seriously accurate picture. And it had low input lag too.

More info -

Needless to say the sound is rubbish and it feels about a sturdy as a bog roll tube. But that picture...

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
      Televisions are making the transition to UHD and HDR so it's maybe not a good time to buy a new set if you intend to keep it for a while. If you do fancy an inexpensive 1080p set this year I could highly recommend the Sony W605. Just a few tweaks with the remote and you have a seriously accurate picture. And it had low input lag too.

More info -

Needless to say the sound is rubbish and it feels about a sturdy as a bog roll tube. But that picture...
      I am not too bothered about getting the latest TV, not too fussed about UHD and HDR until we move, then the world of bigger screen sizes become available to me.

The Sony range does look great and has been excellent year on year. (I had my eye on Sony KDL42W705) I think this years models are around the corner so perhaps an even better bargain will become available for the older models. Do you think the upgrade would make a big difference from a gaming perspective?
      Last edited by 'Press Start'; 02-04-2015, 21:36.

Comment

It's a big leap in resolution and image quality from your current TV. Should be a big improvement.

Comment

Does it have to be a tv?

The dell s2715 monitor, produces a stunning 1080p image.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
            Does it have to be a tv?

The dell s2715 monitor, produces a stunning 1080p image.
            Good shout but yes it has to be a TV. Thanks though.

Cheers CMcK. I just wondered if a 720p plasma was just as good as a 1080p edge lit LED.

Comment

Working...
            X