Best driving games for the Gamecube?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best driving games for the Gamecube?

What are the best driving games for the gamecube? I've just got a logitech wheel

I already have F-Zero and Mariokart and I'm currently bidding for Burnout. I have Crazi Taxi and a wheel for my Dreamcast.

It's my birthday tomorrow so I'm gonna treat myself

R:Racing Evolution by Namco.

I have one for sale in the classifieds

Comment

Go for Burnout 2 instead. Wave Race: Blue Storm is very under-rated, too.

Comment

Blue storm might be a bit odd with a wheel though.
        Burnout and Burnout 2 would do nicely.
        F1 2002 was better than I expected (I wasn't expecting much).
        The GC just isn't a driving console, yet.

The N64 was similarly sparse in the wheel based driving dept.
        F1GPII was excellent (with the expansion pack and wheel), as was World Driver Championship, but what else was there? Top Gear Rally handling model surpassed Sega Rally, but you couldn't see wtf was going on the graphics were so murky. All the other games were more twitch based, so not suitable for a wheel.

Comment

Yeah I remember about the N64. Ended up getting a Playstation for my driving games... thought that F1 game which got a great review in N64 magazine wasn't all that, and Top Gear Rally wasn't great either. The handling model did appear more complex, but felt no where near as satisfying to play, which is what it's all about isn't it?

Burnout's on its way from the states for 12 pounds delivered off ebay - I played the first one on the PS2 and loved it.

Is the 2nd one much better then?

I may have to get that as well.

Comment

Driving games are pretty much the only reason i still go near my ps2 :/

Although we've gone through a dry spell since the consoles release there's mario kart and fzero at least :/

Avoid V-Rally 3 on the GC, I bought it in desperation and its just horrible. The handling is all wrong, too twitchy and they use the shoulder buttons as default for acceleration.. its a botched conversion of a horrible game *ugh*

Rally Championship is very cheap and supposed to be good.. although Ive got the PS2 one (which is pretty decent) so never got the GC one, its fun, handles well, looks nice but isnt really impressive in any way these days.

Big Mutha Truckers is out soon on GC.. its like an elite type thing but with trucks in a fictional/stereotypical america.. it did fairly well on other consoles.. XGRA is out now i think, although its a bit crap compared to F-zero.. Capcom Eurosoft are supposedly releasing Tube Sliders soon... R:Racing Evolution will hopefully make it to Europe one day:/

Comment

How about trying out

Ridge Racing Evolution 6
              Nascar Thunder 2003/4

Comment

No idea if you can use a wheel but I enjoyed Extreme G 3, plus you can buy it very cheap.

F_P

Comment

Originally posted by Max M
                  Go for Burnout 2 instead. Wave Race: Blue Storm is very under-rated, too.

No!

Get Burnout, play that and _then_ get BO2. BO2 is suprisingly different to BO2 and I've enjoyed each in turn.

Plus BO can be had for less than ?10 in 2nd hand bins (got mine for ?9.99 in the late summer).

Comment

Working...
                  X