Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get a picture on N64 with rgb mini

Hi,

am I doing something wrong, I have a jap rgb modded n64, and a rgb scart, but when I plug it into the Frameiester, I get no signal,
    i tried composite and that was ok, but Rgb won't work which is annoying, any advice gratefully received.

i just tried it on the TV to the one scart input it has and it works ok, so unless the lead is wired wrong I don't know.
    Last edited by arcnas; 11-04-2015, 00:00.

The Mini has a Japanese RGB pinout, maybe you are using an European Scart?

Comment

The person I bought the n64 , stated it was a rgb amped jap console, and said it was a NTSC scart cable, I'm going to try my dreamcast this morning which I know for sure I a jap rgb lead.

but how do i tell if it's a JP21 scart cable, and not a euro one is ther a way of knowing.

i think I might just buy one from retro gaming leads , which you can have in JP21 format.
      Last edited by arcnas; 11-04-2015, 07:57.

Comment

You have to open them and check the pinouts.

[edit] if the N64 and DC cables worked on your (European) TV, they surely have an European pinout.
        Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 11-04-2015, 08:49.

Comment

Ok sounds pain, but as I'm getting no picture I guess in not correct.

you can buy one with a sync stripper on it from retro game leads I've been told ,the person who sold me the n64 said he uses it on the mini, so I might just buy one.

Comment

If all your cables have an EU pinout, just buy one adapter for everything, instead of a new cable for every console. You can find EU SCART-to-JP SCART converters or also EU-to-JP cables to replace the SCART-to-DIN adapter included in the FM. I don't think you strictly need a cable with a sync stripper, I'm pretty sure the RGB cable I'm using with the DC doesn't have one.

Comment

The seller confirmed it was NTSC cable wired for UK TV, hence no picture.

so this is what a have a dreamcast, neo geo cdz and n64 and snes all NTSC but wired for UK TV scart leads so what's the best thing to buy to get them all working on the FM. The one they sell with the sync stripper is 10 pounds dearer, so will the cheaper one which it says replaces Jp21 with euro scart be fine as I've been advised to buy the sync stopper one.
              Last edited by arcnas; 11-04-2015, 09:10.

Comment

You can get one of these (or the sync stripper version), that will replace the SCART-to-DIN adapter included, or one of those that will act only as a EU-to-JP converter (and you'll still need to use the SCART-to-DIN converter found with the FM).

Comment

Hi yes bought the first one, so that should work.

the link you sent me was to us sellers, there is a UK selling site. Which I ordered with no sync stripper

Comment

Working...
                  X