Scaler problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scaler problem

I Am having a few probs getting it functioning correctly. I seem to be getting an inch constant flicker at the top of the screen and am also getting intermittant full screen flicker. Its been tried on 2 monitors, different vga leads and 3 different rgb leads from three different consoles. Changing the resolution makes no difference and i have even tried tweaking the phase of the monitors. I am attaching a scart lead to a scart port with a built in sync strike to vga, then vga out to the monitor.(its the chinese scaler also with component in)

Any ideas?

I've text Chojin to see if he has any insight to the issue, I'll let you know.

Comment

Hi, have tried losing the sync strike? This scaler, has been modified to produce scanlines as well.

When I originally got this, mmmonkey had to tweak my SFC and PCE scart leads to get them to display, my MD worked straight from the off.

Comment

Sounds like it is expecting pure composite sync then.

Comment

Scaler problem

Can you post a pic of the bottom of the scaler?

Ooh, and what is the PSU you're using outputting? 5v at 2amps?

Comment

Originally posted by mmmonkey View Post
            Can you post a pic of the bottom of the scaler?

Ooh, and what is the PSU you're using outputting? 5v at 2amps?
            Sure mate

Comment

Pretty hard to identify any potential issues with that kind of quality image.

Comment

Like chojin said, try without the sync strike, looks like I've attached the equivalent to the bottom of the board.

Also, have you tried pressing the down/auto button whilst you don't have the menu up on screen? It sort of scans the image and makes adjustments automatically.

Are the consoles running at 50 or 60hz? If it's 60, are they NTSC machines or modified PAL ones?

Can I have the details from the power supply? A photo showing the writing on the label will do :-)

Comment

Originally posted by mmmonkey View Post
                  Like chojin said, try without the sync strike, looks like I've attached the equivalent to the bottom of the board.

Also, have you tried pressing the down/auto button whilst you don't have the menu up on screen? It sort of scans the image and makes adjustments automatically.

Are the consoles running at 50 or 60hz? If it's 60, are they NTSC machines or modified PAL ones?

Can I have the details from the power supply? A photo showing the writing on the label will do :-)
                  pmed you mate - cheers

Comment

It's the original PSU that I used, so shouldn't be any issues there, I always found pressing auto then tweaking it got the best results.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys

Comment

Rather embarrassingly, I think I've built the Sync Stripper with a wrong component on it, I've just checked my box of components I would have used, and I've labelled up something wrong and would have used it.

dvdx2, I'll reply to your PM and see if we can sort out getting it to me to correct and test :-)

Comment

Working...
                        X