Virgin Media gaming woe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virgin Media gaming woe

So, I had VM installed yesterday. I can't get my PS4, PSTV or Xbone to connect either wired or Wi-Fi. Is this a known issue? Is there something else I need to do? Their tech support has offered no support at all.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

We've been with Virgin for 15 years and never I have any trouble connecting. In fact don't think the internet connection has even gone down once in the last few years. Never ever touched any settings etc (bar the password). Plugged it in and it worked to be honest.

Can the machines just not find the hub then? Does your phone or PC connect OK?

Comment

Everything else works, just not the consoles. I'm just gonna cancel it.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

So if you do a scan on the PS4 or Xbox One they don't see the hub or they see it and can't connect?

Comment

They see it, but they can't connect. Wired should work instantly though, and it doesn't.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I've got Virgin Media with an older Superhub and it works fine. Hub issue?

Comment

I've been with them since they were NTL and never had any issues connecting. Get them to replace your modem and check it while they are there.

Comment

yup sounds like dodgy hardware, the super-hub isnt the greatist bit of kit ive had wireless issues with it in the past. i use it on modem mode with an Asus router and my wireless stability and range is fantastic now.

Comment

There's no chance that youve previously set the consoles to static IPs/Gateways have you?

Sounds silly but I've seen it catch even the brightest of people out before.

Comment

Quick google shows this....can't say I've ever heard of this before though.

Comment

I've got it running. The first shub was faulty when they tested it. They brought a new one round and the same thing was happening. I switched channels and moved my house phone to the other side of the room, and it's been running fine all day now.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                      X