Killing Malak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killing Malak

I think I am getting worse at games as I get older. I am having real trouble in killing Malak in KOTOR. Is there any special tactics or is it just a case of holding on
    Originally posted by spoiler
    until he has used up all those Jedis in the booths
    Someone help me as I am not able to play anything else until I finish this.

Couple of tips that may help. If you have force drain, you can use those booths yourself. Alternatively, if you disengage from combat and lay mines at the booths, you can also damage the chinless wonder that way when he feels he needs to top himself up.

I still haven't beaten him myself. but I have been employing these tactics. It's more viable than just going at him with the light saber and force powers. Also, by running away from him, you can build up your force points again.

Comment

I haven't got force drain but have started laying mines at the foot of the booths.

Comment

If a lightsider, do you have Destroy Droid or Throw Lightsaber? If so, use them on Malak's 'petrol pumps' to stop him recharging (don't worry, you're doing them a favour anyway) As previously noted, Drain Life/Death Field will completely rejuvenate you if you're playing dark...

Also, when Malak breaks off combat for a top-up, press start and go to the items menu - here you can activate a shield (pref the Vaipon? one that protects for 100pts) and take as many stimulants as needed (Hyper-Alacricity, Strength, Stamina and either Hyper-Battle or Echani-Battle) - because you're not in combat, you can use the lot while still on the menu screen and no time elapses. If you have them, use Force Immunity and Speed. Any Mind Affecting immunity items are very handy here too (the green belt, for example) as is something preventing Critical Hits (which Malak is very adept at...)

Now fully tooled up, charge up to him and kick his ass. Repeat as necessary. Listen to his pitiful/affecting final words, meet up with your allies in the docking bay, take off and enjoy the victory parade/rule the galaxy with an iron fist*

*Delete as applicable

Comment

I just had a couple of shields, and loads of stimulants to the extent that only his magic hurt me. Then I beat the **** into him until he died. Second attempt. One of the easiest final bosses ever - on normal.

But beat up his jedi and he's ****ed! Now to rule the galaxy with an iron fist!

Comment

Malaks reigh of terror is at anend, peace has been restored to the galaxy and I owe it all to your advice.

Cheers dudes, I did what any Jedi would have done and ran away like a girl and threw my lightsaber at him.

Comment

Working...
            X