Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk to me about Dance Mat games

Hey all,

Chloe has been watching a cartoon called Paw Patrol lately & she's obsessed with an episode called Pup Pup Boogie where the dogs are playing a dance mat game & she keeps acting it out when it finishes so I thought I might look at some of the Dance Mat games to see how she gets on.

Now I know how they work but what I'm hoping is that some of them have a freestyle mode where she can just play away to a song & see things happening on the screen without it giving her a game over screen or anything.

I know there's a hardcore contigent with these but I'm just hoping some of them have a basic function for her to muck around with

So do any exist that you know of.

Thanks

Neil

You might have more joy with an individual dance mat, rather than a game to go with it.

There's a bunch on Amazon.

I think the "hardcore contingent" favour this one:

[hide][/hide]

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      You might have more joy with an individual dance mat, rather than a game to go with it.

There's a bunch on Amazon.

I think the "hardcore contingent" favour this one:

[hide][/hide]
      Lol I thought I'd seen them on that one down Sarrrrfend

Thanks for the linkies I'll look at those as well
      I was just thinking if she could see she was achieving stuff on the telly she'd be more entertained but those could be worth investigating

Thanks again

Neil

Comment

DDR Disney Mix
        The songs are pretty good TBH in a weird Disney EDM way.

Comment

QC's gonna get added to a register if he keeps posting images like that with a 'hardcore' label attached!

Of the non-dreadful dance games, I'm really coming up blank on any that have an actual 'freestyle' mode - most folks who are into the actual dancing/freestyle side of things typically just chuck songs on a lower difficulty so there's less actual input required, making it very difficult to fail, and freeing them up to do their thing.

You'll know best for this, but one of the other big hurdles will be the music itself and what she's actually going to enjoy.

Comment

It doesn't use a dance mat, but maybe the Just Dance series? Seems to be marketed mostly to little kids.

Comment

Do you have a modded PS2?
              Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

Comment

There's a Just Dance Kids game too, not sure what formats it's on though.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys given me some stuff to think about.

I'll see what's cheap on Ebay & do some good reading me thinks

Thanks again

Neil

Comment

Working...
                  X