X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cannot load Windows on new SSD

SORTED

Hi

my old mans laptop HDD was failing on his acer laptop. So i decided to buy a SSD to replace the failing one. I put the SSD in and used the recovery cd that i burnt on dvd. Everything seems like it was going through and it finished installing. However when i rebooted the laptop windows didn't load. (PXE-E61: Media test failure. Check Cable) So i put the system recovery disk in to try and it sees windows 7 on the SSD. Start up repair reports nothing wrong with the SSD. Googling just brings up too much info. Please help!! TY
    Last edited by mingo; 08-08-2015, 01:06.

Change your boot order settings in the bios. Your machine is trying to axe boot off the network card.

Comment

the boot priority order is the SSD first then CD rom.

also says no bootable device.
      Last edited by mingo; 07-08-2015, 00:00.

Comment

Try changing boot mode between legacy & UEFI if possible?

Or IDE to AHCI

Comment

turns out that the recovery disk from acer are just ****, downloaded a clean ISO and used the acer windows key which worked. Now my old mans PC is flying with an SSD. now to download all the update so i can upgrade it to Windows 10

Comment

Good stuff. A clean install tends to be the way to go, especially with vendors like Acer bogging your system down with a ton of crap.

Comment

Working...
            X