No announcement yet.

Jap Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've read a few comparison articles and the differences are very minor - slight improvement in sound and slightly less pixelated explosions - he asked for Saturn games so I suggested some whether there is a superior port out there is neither here nor there its still a great game on the system he asked for recommendations on.

Do you have fun trying to pick apart peoples posts?

Comment

And i'm pointing out that these Saturn versions are more expensive than the superior PSone versions (or in the case of DDP, a mere Y1000-2000 extra) therefore they should be avoided.

Do you enjoy recommending Outrun in C64 topics also? :P

Comment

Duly noted but the games are still very much worthy of a mention for someone seeking Saturn recommendations - it may be marginally better on another system but that doesn't mean it has to be avoided - it also has the Saturn mode which whilst not a major draw is an extra. If Metal Slug 3 runs better on the PS2 than it does on the Neo Geo AES would you tell people to 'avoid' the AES version!

I have never played Outrun on the C64 - good is it?

Comment

If Metal Slug 3 runs better on PS2 then yes, it's pointless buying the Neo Geo version especially given the price differences.

Comment

In some circles that would be considered blasphemy

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, they turned my thread into a crazy argument!!!!

Comment

I suggest Dracula X

It's a huge game, definitley worth the money ?35

I played it to completion, me, i'm into my adventure games atm (Metroid Prime/Fusion|Zelda WW)

Exhumed is rather good un, but i do't know how it would fare since Halo You just try and collect ALL 23 of those Team Dolls.

Pick up Duke Nukem also, just for Death Tank.

Love the saturn.

Comment

The thing is I already have Castlevania on the PSX so although I could get to use the 2 extra characters......I just don't know. Damn good game, played it trough so many times.

Comment

Get Batsugun...

Probably one of the more intense shoot em ups on the Saturn and certainly one of my favourites!

So much firepower and no slowdown and you get just as many bullets flying all back at you too!

Comment

cheers phillai, I'll take a look.

Comment

Yes Batsugun is excellent - I thught I was getting good till I realised I had special mode selected - when I played the proper mode I had my ass handed to me

Comment

Probably the best thing about Batsugun is the fact that it's a very old skool type of shooter.

None of this chaining bollox to get better points and no need to think.
                          Just you and the enemy and dodge at all costs.

The firepower you get is immense too and it's speedy type of play reminds me of Flying Shark where you can't relax for even a second...

Comment

Working...
                          X