Quake 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quake 3

I'm rookie at Quake 3, I've just recently start playing the game online, and must say it's not going bad at all (free for all), and I'm really getting addicted to it. But sometimes I get to play against with some very good Quake player (atleast I think their good because I don't stand a change against them) they use some sort of grapplinghook or teleport (blue energy line) , I want to know how you do that ??

The most likely thing is you're inadvertantly stumbled into a mod with a grappling hook somehow, and its either replaced your gauntlet or needs binding to +grapple; are you seeing it only on Capture The Flag levels?

But from your description it sounds more like strangeness afoot with the railgun, which would be odd to say the least.

Comment

They use it to move them selves through the levels quickly, they even hang sometimes high on wall and corners taking people out from there.
      I haven't seen it in capture the flag, but then I don't play capture the flag that much, most of the time I'm playing free for all.

Comment

FFA Quake 3 is the best thing ever. We used to play it in labs at college off a network disc until they figured out where the bandwidth was going and it was EXCELLENT.

Nothing beats missing assignment deadlines thanks to being Q3A champion!

Is you like FFA try out Excessive games. They're ****ing nuts, don't need skill and will really get the adrenaline pumping.

Comment

Get osp and play clan arena ;D

who the **** uses the grappling hook ever? O_o

Comment

Yeah OSP's a pretty decent mod. Don't be fooled by the fact that initially it just looks like standard Q3A with some new HUD stuff... it's more.

Comment

Working...
            X